Ab7303

Dear sir,
I use software Canopen conf manager 1.7.1.1 to connect to AB7303 module. But when we use usb port to connect it show timeout issue.
And if we want upload conf file we must use CAN connector or not?

Can you give us any suggestion.

Thank
Nguyen.

Hello @Nguyen,

You will need to connect to the CANopen bus using a ixxat USB-to-CAN. This will allow you to upload and download to the X-gateway along with other devices on the bus.

Deryck

thank Deryck. we are ordering ixxat USB-to-CAN.

Hi Mr @deryck_hms
I face with trouble again. Please help.
We have installed Ixxat usb to Can already but when we remove CAN bus out of AB7303 and only keep Controlnet on it, and connect to module to upload configuration we can not see anything in network. We have kicked on Scan bus also. The Can led on ixxat also red blinking. So what step we miss can you please help.

Best regards,
Nguyen

How are you connecting to the module? What are you uploading? From what network?

The CANopen configuration is uploaded and downloaded using the USB to CAN.

Deryck

Hi @deryck_hms
Let me intro our system. We have Ab7303 to transmit encoder data thought AB PLC by Controlnet. Our encoders are working in CAN base and connect to AB7303 by DB 9 pin. I remove that DB connector and connect Usb to CAN to upload " ab7303 configuration" for back up. But I can not see anything, although we use “Scan network”. In Usb to Can, usb side green light, Can side red blinking. Does the baud rate need to consider.

Thanks
Nguyen

When connecting the USB to CAN to the ab7303 you need to make sure the CAN high and CAN low are connected together respectively. You will also want to make sure there is proper termination.

Thank.
I will check connection again. In your opinion, do I need resistor 120 ohm or not. Because when install DB 9 pin no way to connect resistor.

Nguyen

Termination is required for CAN. There are sub D9 termination resistors: Accessories for the Ixxat CAN and CAN FD products