AB7318 Losing Communication With Vehicle Bus

I have two AB7318s connected to two separate vehicle buses; One is running CANopen and the other is J1939. Both are wired as drops from the main buss and powered from a source separate of the vehicle (I did run a vehicle ground to the CAN_GND input on each Anybus). Each vehicle bus is terminated on both ends by built-in resistors on vehicle devices.

Both Anybus communicators will be working great through multiple cycles of the vehicle ignition, start, and shutoff (including cycling the vehicle buses on/off). Then one and/or both of the Anybus communicators will stop communicating with the CAN bus after the vehicle buses turn off (light #5 turns off and CAN listening is blank). Randomly trying things like issuing reset commands to the communicators or putting them in idle mode and back to run (sometimes multiple times) will revive communication and they will work great again through a few more vehicle cycles.

Any idea why these communicators are falling off the bus and any thoughts on a reliable routine for reestablishing communication?

Hello,

I have not see this behavior before. With LED 5 of it seems like the CAN communication is stopping. If you connect with the configuration manager do you see any data in the line listener? What are the other LED’s doing does the EIP side error out too or do you see LED 6 change ?

Deryck

The Anybus is not seeing the bus. Nothing on the Line Listener.

image922764.PNG

Hi @SDatHYG,

I am not sure what would be happening here. I have not seen other issues like this. Do both of the device have the issue happen at the same time?
Do you have any other device like a USB to CAN, that you can use to monitor the bus to confirm there is bus traffic?

Deryck