AB7318 Remote Frame (RTR) issue can't communicate with Hamilton Zeus CAN Device

Hello Hans and Kyle. That is an issue, the AB7318 can not activate the trigger byte when it gets the RTR from Zeus (we have been working with AB7318 since early 2020). However we have solved it starting a timer (10mS) after sending the Kick to Zeus. Then everything works fine. We have a Hamilton Zeus system working with this Gateway and bought another one (AB7318) to improve knowledge about communications issues with this pippette. Hope can be useful. Regards

1 Like

Thanks Kyle, I will do that.

Best regards,

Hans

Thanks Adonoso for your great feedback.

I have solved it in the same way as you did. I have added a 50ms delay timer after each kick or sending data. So the PLC basically ā€œassumesā€ that Zeus sends those Remote Frames when you Kick it or when you send data. You have not experienced any inconsistencies with a timer like that? It seems to work all the time?

Thanks,
Hans

Hello Hans, Kyle, we rose the RTR problem on 2020, them HMS guys took care of that issue and uploaded the v1.13 upgrade. I think they can also solve this issue kindly upgrading the firmware again.
I also think this issue wil carry a real problem if you work with more than one Hamilton Zeus (not our case), because if you send kicks to many pipettes you will not be able to know if each one received it or whom is ready to receive data.
Kyle please, if it is in your field of influence, be so kind to communicate this to HMS development team. We worked on 2020 with Mikael MĆ„rtensson, who helped us to solve the RTR first problem and upgraded the firmware of the AB7318.

Hi @adonoso,

I appreciate the feedback. I think I worked with you and Techvalue in Chile last year to bring the RTR issue to Mikaelā€™s attention and the developers were able to fix it with the firmware update. I donā€™t remember if they were aware of this issue with the trigger byte not updating. I will reach out to Mikael and see if this is being worked on or not currently, and if itā€™s not, Iā€™ll ask if itā€™s something they could do with another update.

I will keep you both posted.

Kyle