AB7328 - PLC S71500 not receiving data

Hi,
I have an AB7328 profinet gateway which communicates to PLC S7 1500 without any problem.
The AB7328 gateway is connected to a BMS over CANBus.
BMS constantly sends 8 bytes over CANBus.
I can see the data on CAN Line Listener coming from BMS but the AB7328 gateway doesn’t pass the data to PLC.
I can not see any data on Monitor/Modify.
AB7328 gateway is configured as Consume.
Looking at diagnostic page on gateway, CAN State shows Error Active.
I was wondering what the issue could be.
Thanks,
Ben

This is most likely cause from the consume transaction not having a data configuration to match the incoming message.
Make sure you have the consume setup for the correct ID and there is a data object for the data.

Deryck

Hi,
I think I’m having similar problem just on the produce side. How to I know what the correct ID would be? Now the CAN Identifier is set as 0x364 which is the same as the data address (0x364) I want to write the information to.

Similarly to BenRad I can’t see anything on the produce side in the “monitor modify” page and I have the same “Error Active” information in the CAN State.

anybus communication file.hcg (3.3 KB)

Here is the .hcg file for reference.
Thanks

Toni

Hello @ToniP,

The produce side is going to be data from the field bus side. Do you have any thing writing data from the Profinet network?

Deryck

Yes I have a siemens 319f PLC writing data to the GSD file and the input side works fine just the output has some problems.

I’m using SFC15 to collect the data from the program to send over to the anybus.
SFC15

Looking at your config again you might want to double check where you are writing data it looks like you only output data location is in address 0x364.The preceding data bytes are not mapped any where. You should be able to set the stating address for you produce transaction to 0x200 making it the first and only 8 bytes for the output side.

Deryck

Hi,
I will try this and let you know how it goes. I was also thinking that might be the problem.
When I was given this file I was under the impression that the can device we have requires the data to be written to address 0x364 and I tested that it works when I modify the values directly from the anybus “monitor/ modify” page.
Is there a way to force the data from the plc to the address 0x364 if the 0x200 address does not work?
Thanks
Toni

You should be able to pad the data in the plc to shift it down.
0x364-0x200=0x164 356 bytes. Keep in mind this means the connection on the PLC is going to be 363 bytes long.

Deryck

Hi
Changing the address to 0x200 fixed everything.
Thanks for help.
-Toni

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear this is resolved.