AB7669-F with AB 1734 IO

Forgive me as I don’t have a lot of knowledge in regards to Modbus or ethernet IP.

My company is providing equipment to our customers and the customer want to use Allen Bradley 1734 IO with this system. this has several analog signal being generated in the system for communication back to their DCS. we have an ethernet IP 1734-AENT on our system and no PLC. It was suggested to us by our distributor to use the gateway in the title.

I am unsure if a PLC is required at all on the system as we don’t nor does the customer have one. would would have to be done on the other side of the gateway for our customer to read these signals.

Doug

I don’t think we have enough information to be able to determine if you need a PLC or not. Are the analog signals being converted and made available via Ethernet/IP by the 1734 IO?

The AB7669-F is an Ethernet/IP Scanner, so it will be able to read and write to Ethernet/IP adapters/slaves. This data is then made available via the Modbus/TCP Server, to the Modbus/TCP Control system.

You need to configure the Ethernet/IP Adapter in the scanner (AB7669) with the connection points found in this document and the I/O sizes.

The DCS is a Modbus/TCP Master?

The signals are attached to modules connected to the 1734 IO. Their DCS is a modbus/tcp master.

The AB7669-F is the correct device in that case. You may need to use RSNetworx to configure the Eth/IP network however because I believe the 1734 IO modules also need config data.