Ab7669-f

Hi,

• Are there a way that I can define/Config. an specific address for the Control/Status word?
  • Do you know if I need to find and download a new firmware for an AB7669-F (Part #: HMSAB7669F 06.17.2019)?

At this moment I do not have access to the Anybus but I will be working with this device on Saturday 28th.

I found this Firmware version on your site, but I don´t know if I should install it.
Firmware Download TP ver. 2.16.1.2 - installation package
This program can be used when updating firmware in Anybus products based on the Hitachi H8 processor.
Applicable products are:
-Anybus-S and -M
-Anybus X-gateway (aluminum housing)
-Anybus X-gateway Modbus-TCP <<<<<<<< Are this a reference of our Anybus?

Just in case that you can help me, I want to let you know that we installed before some Anybus X-gateways but we are not getting the status word. For some reason (maybe a wrong Anybus configuration/addressing) we do not have access to the status word as soon as we configure and start getting data from Atlas Copco devices (PF6000 FlexSystem) because we are forced to disable the Control word/status word in the Anybus configuration. If we do not do that, we lost the first data of the Atlas device.

Atlas couldn´t change the start address where they report their results (forst word of data received from the Atlas Device).

Are there a way that I can define/Config. an specific address for the Control/Status word?

Saludos.
Atte: Jorge Luis López

No, the control/status words will occupy the first 2 bytes of the input and output memory.

No, that product should not require a firmware update. If you can provide the serial number, I can double check this for you.

You should be able to use an offset of 2 for the control/status word so you aren’t conflicting with the data from the FlexSystem. Is that on the EthernetIP or ModbusTCP side?

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

This is the serial number: A0404C46.

The problem is in the EtherNet IP side.

If I enable the Status and control word, I lost the first results that the Atlas is always sending to the PLC. In order to receive all the results in the PLC, I need to disable the Status and control word.

I will ask again to Atlas personnel. But the first time that I talked with them said they have the same way to send the data and it is an standard for them.

We do not have this problem in neither of the others two networks/protocols (profibus, ASi bus) because instead of using an anybus x-gateway we use a PLC card (an AS-I card or a Profibus card), so we can monitor the status of the card without problem, but now that we are updating several work stations (Ethernet network using Anybus devices) we don´t have the detail as we used to when a communication fault appears.

Please let me know if you have an idea of how to solve this from the Anybus side, just in case that Atlas don´t want to manage two different configurations for sending their results.

**Saludos! **

aTTE.- Jorge Luis López

En Vie, 27 Septiembre, 2019 en 14:55, kyle_HMS support@hms.how escribió:

kyle_HMS

HMS Technical Support

September 27

hat_solutions:
Are there a way that I can define/Config. an specific address for the Control/Status word?

No, the control/status words will occupy the first 2 bytes of the input and output memory.

hat_solutions:
Do you know if I need to find and download a new firmware for an AB7669-F (Part #: HMSAB7669F 06.17.2019)?

No, that product should not require a firmware update. If you can provide the serial number, I can double check this for you.

You should be able to use an offset of 2 for the control/status word so you aren’t conflicting with the data from the FlexSystem. Is that on the EthernetIP or ModbusTCP side?

Kyle

Here is what you need to do, log into the Gateway’s web interface to configure the scan list. Move the data that is occupying the first 2 bytes in the Input and Output to an offset of 2.

That way you keep the first 2 bytes open for the status/currently.

Kyle

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Could you help me to find or to get a documentation or a reference to the “scan list configuration” window?

I already stablished communication but I have some Doubts/questions in some fields of this configuration window. Even that the communication is established, I would like to know . . . :

• When should I use the “Multicast or point to point” Transport type?

Currently I used Multicast for getting communication with one Atlas Copco Device/Controller, but I am thinking that maybe the Point to Point will be more appropriate.

• How I should know the right number for the “Connection Point” Fields?

Thank you again for your support.

SALUDOS!

Atte: Jorge Luis López

En Lun, 30 Septiembre, 2019 en 12:20, kyle_HMS support@hms.how escribió:

kyle_HMS

HMS Technical Support

September 30

Here is what you need to do, log into the Gateway’s web interface to configure the scan list. Move the data that is occupying the first 2 bytes in the Input and Output to an offset of 2.

That way you keep the first 2 bytes open for the status/currently.

Kyle

• When should I use the “Multicast or point to point” Transport type?

Currently I used Multicast for getting communication with one Atlas Copco Device/Controller, but I am thinking that maybe the Point to Point will be more appropriate.

• How I should know the right number for the “Connection Point” Fields?

Multicast is for communicating with multiple devices or broadcasting each message whereas point-to-point is addressed to a single device.

Is the FlexSystem on the Modbus or EthernetIP side? The connection point fields depend on the device that you are connecting to.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The FlexSystem is in the EtherNet/IP side.

I only have one Anybus X-gateway and one FlexSystem, using Multicast transport type (Target --> Originator Field). It is working but according to your comments it will be better to select “Point to Point” for this field.

What is the meaning of “connection points” and “Config” value in the EtherNet/IP configuration window?

I know the number of bytes to exchange between the PLC and the FlexSystem, but I do not have clear the value that should have these fields. In the mean time I will try to get information on the FlexSystem side.

Thank you for your comments.

Saludos!

En Mie, 2 Octubre, 2019 en 9:33, kyle_HMS support@hms.how escribió:

kyle_HMS

HMS Technical Support

October 2

Multicast is for communicating with multiple devices or broadcasting each message whereas point-to-point is addressed to a single device.

Is the FlexSystem on the Modbus or EthernetIP side? The connection point fields depend on the device that you are connecting to.

Kyle

If it’s just the two devices on the network it isn’t very important whether or not they are using unicast or multicast. Do you have the User Manual for this FlexSystem? That should have the EthernetIP information, like Connection Points, etc.

I don´t have it, but I will get it.

Thank you for your help and support.

Saludos!

Topic closed due to inactivity.