AB7900 EtherCAT bus not working

Hi, I am using an AB7900 between two Lenze C300 PLCs, which are Codesys based. I installed the ESI file using “Device Repository” tool, and then installed the device as a subset of the EtherCAT master. When I go online with the project, under “Status” I get “Bus failure,” along with the red triangle graphic that indicates the bus is not working. Usually this means that the ESI file is incorrect, perhaps the wrong revision. The ESI zipfile from the anybus AB7900 webpage contains various ESI revisions, I have tried all of them with no success.
Is there something I should be looking at adjusting so that the device works correctly on the EtherCAT bus?
Thanks

We have a tool that you can use to edit the ESI file for your application:

ESI Generator

Thank you. I had tried that previously but no luck. I tried it again, along with a few other things, and now it’s working. I’m not sure which thing fixed the problem but it’s good now. Thanks for the help!

Great! Glad that did the trick!

Nathaniel,
I am doing the same thing with a P300 instead of a C300. Would you mind sharing what you did to modify the file? Would you be ok with sharing the updated ESI file?

Have you set the correct size using the Anybus Configuration Manager - X-gateway and used the ESI file from the product page?

What are the status’ of the LED lights on the gateway?

Do you have the serial number of the Anybus AB7900?

Hi Kyle,
I do have the Anybus configured with the Configuration Manager. I have sized it per the Ethernet IP drive that I have connected on the other size. You are talking about the PDO bytes on the configurator?

Yes I have the ESI file from the web page installed into the Lenze.

Hi SynerTech, I apologize but I don’t remember the exact details of what I did. However, I do remember that I configured the Anybus using the Anybus Configuration Manager - X-gateway, as Kyle suggested, using a USB connection:

After getting the device configured, I created the ESI file using the ESI generator. I think all I did was establish the connection via Ethernet to the device, then click on “Create ESI file…”

HMS Anybus ESI 512.xml (889.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks Nathaniel,

This worked i appreciate your help!