AB7954 Troubleshooting

We are using an HMS AB7954 to connect a Siemens S7-315 PLC system to Mitsubishi PLC however we are seeing intermittant communication faults between the Siemens PLC and the Anybus gateway. The problem is that about once every 3 minutes we get a brief communications fault that shows up in the Siemens PLC diagnostic buffer as an I/O access error writing to the access addresses assigned to the anybus device. We are using GSDML-V2.3-HMS-ANYBUS_X_GATEWAY_PROFINET_IO-20161110.xml to configure the Profibus device.

The problem exists on the customer system which is in another country that I cannot travel to at the moment due to COVID travel restrictions, due to security concerns I also cannot connect to the system directly so I am troubleshooting through the customer. I have a duplicate system set up in my factory that does not exhibit the problem (however I also do not have the Mitsubishi side connected to anything).

I’m not really sure where to start troubleshooting this problem, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible the device is faulty?

Some pictures follow:

Can you tell me the exact wording of the error msg/fault?

It sounds like a problem with one of the transactions possibly. Can you get the LED status?

Are the PLC programs exactly the same in both systems?

Was it working properly before and just started experiencing the issue, or has it been doing this all along?

Thanks for getting back to me, I have attached a screenshot of the Siemens diagnostic buffer below:
Image.jpeg

I asked the customer if the LED STATUS lights change when the error occurs but he said the problem happens and corrects itself too quick to check. I asked them to record video of the LEDs but I don’t think they did.

I have confirmed that all the Anybus firmware versions and the Siemens PLC program match between my setup and the customer setup.

I believe the problem did not occur at first but once it started occurring it hasn’t stopped, even after power cycle. I was at the customer site late last year when we started testing and the problem never occurred, then the project was put on hold until now. I helped them get things going again but two days passed before I heard about this problem.

Best Regards,
Brian