"ABC not compatible with configuration" error

@rwngandhi
Question: I have an AB7001 Modbus RTU to DeviceNet Gateway and I receive an error when trying to download a configuration to the ABC Device that reads: “The ABC is not compatible with this configuration”. I am using Version 4.4.1.3 and the configuration that I am trying to load is currently the one I the device.

Have you properly set the Fieldbus type (DeviceNet) and IO size in the ABCM?

Can you please share with me the configuration file and serial number of the device?

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The Fieldbus type is set to DeviceNet and the IO size is set to Automatic. I have also tried to set the IO size as user defined but the software throws another error that the size does not match.

I have uploaded the configuration file, screenshot of the about showing the device firmware versions and the Serial number is: A0190C0C5

Thanks,
RajLUFP9 - FKR Intake 32U0-MCC-001.cfg (16.0 KB)
LUFP9 - FKR Intake 32U0-MCC-001.cfx (5.4 KB)
ABC%20Version%20and%20Device%20FW%20Version

Hi Raj,

You are getting the error because that device is not a AB7001 and appears to be custom made. What machine did this come with? Do you have a picture of the device?

Kyle

Actually, I think what happened is that you gave me the serial for just the fieldbus side…

Can you take a picture of the label on the device?

Hi Kyle,

I can take a picture of the device and it is a Schneider LUFP9, here is a link to the device information from your website: https://www.anybus.com/lufp

I am also engaging Schneider but no one in their Tech Support Department has any information or knowledge on the device, it also seems that HMS manufactured the device, is there any way to update the firmware or set the device to be like an AnyBus gateway as I am assuming the hardware is the same inside?

Thanks,
Raj

Thanks for mentioning that this is not actually an Anybus AB7001, but a specially made Schneider device. You will need to use the software from the page that you mentioned above. It cannot be converted to an AB7001.

Thanks Kyle,

The software from the page worked great and for some reason searching for it I could not find it, which is why I tried to use the Anybus software.

Thanks for the assistance,
Raj

1 Like