ABC4013 - Profinet "The received data is not valid."

Hi,

I have a HMS4013 to communicate between a Siemens S7-1200 and an Allen-Bradley CompactLogix controller.

The Anybus Gateway has all Green LEDs but I have no data transfer. When investigating the setup through the web interface, under Diagnostics > IO Data, the Profinet connection states " The received data is not valid."

Any help on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Tiaan

“The received data is not valid” usually indicates that the PLC is in idle state.

Hi Kyle,

I’ve confirmed that the PLC is in running and actively executing a program.
Also, I setup the Siemens/Profinet configuration according to the Video: “How to - Setup a PROFINET IO Connection in TIA Portal”.

Is there any other reason that you can think of why I would be getting this fault?

Thank You
Tiaan

Hi @Tiaan,

Can you confirm that you are receiving data on the Ethernet/IP network?

Can you please provide the configuration and the Support package from the diagnostics section? Please run the logging first.

Hi Kyle,

When I make changes on the Allen-Bradley controller, the data updates correctly on the Anybus but, no data is transferred to the Siemens controller.

Please see Configuration and Support Package below.
Anybus Communicator configuration 2023-07-13 11_45_42.conf (5.7 KB)
Anybus Communicator Support Package 2023-07-13 11_49_29.zip (21.2 KB)

Thank You
Tiaan

I can’t find an explanation for why this isn’t working. Can you please open a case at support.hms-networks.com so we can examine this closer?