Add dummy bytes to In Area for Anybus communicator AB7013-C

Hello everybody,
I had Anybus communicator AB7013-C that used to communicate with Modbus nodes and S7-1500 Controller. The PLC software is standard software and it used for many units, however, each unit has different number of Modbus nodes. So I would like to keep the standard software with highest possible nodes number and changes the Anybus according to the available nodes without getting any reading error or RED LED light. For example, In my case the highest possible node number is 5, each node needs 28 byte area. so I hade 140 bytes in the hardware configuration of my standard software, and I’m thinking of making 5 different configuration files for my Anybus, so if I have for example at one unit 2 nodes, I upload configuration file with 2 real nodes (56byte) and 3 dummy(84byte) etc.
So, is it possible that I add dummy area that do nothing in the Anybus in order for the PLC to see equal number of bytes and not giving error that input bytes in not found or recognized?
Kind Regards

You could do that and it wouldn’t cause a timeout as long as you use a trigger byte (not cyclic), which you will not write to.

1 Like

Many thanks

You’re very welcome, please let us know if you have any additional questions!