Am I required to have an extension card for a Flexy 201?

The ethernet WAN card on one of our Flexy201 devices died the other day (tried it in every slot), and I was trying to set up a WAN attribution on one of the 4 ports on the ewon, but it doesn’t seem like I am able to. Is this correct, or am I missing something? I know on other devices, I have been able to select one of the 4 ports to make a WAN port, but not this one.

Thanks!

The Flexy 201 does not have a built in WAN port so you need to get an extension card (Ethernet, WiFi, or cellular) for the WAN connection.

Thanks, Kyle!

You’re welcome!

I do have another question…it technically falls in the same category as it is the same ewon and the same issue: I have the ethernet card in, and am getting activity lights when I plug it in. However, when I go through the Internet Wizard, it tells me “Internet connection is disabled”. Usually it at least goes through the set up and tells me I can’t find a WAN connection.

Try this: Go to the comcfg.txt settings (System > Setup > Storage > Edit COM cfg) and change WANCnx to 2.

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend doing a Level 2 factory reset of the Flexy and starting the Wizard from the default settings.

If that doesn’t work, try a different slot maybe? There could be an issue with the hardware.

Before doing a reset however, I would recommend taking a backup and including the Support files, so we can check the settings and logs. You can do this with eBuddy, or under Diagnostic > Files Transfer.

I have changed WANCnx to 2, however the change doesn’t seem to stick. Every time I navigate away from the page, it reverts back to 0. I tried turning WANPermCnx on (set to 1), but it too reverts. I’ve also tried all of the slots and have already done a level 2 reset…it seems it might be a hardware issue.

Can you send me a backup with support files?

Attached

Backup.etar.gz (10.6 KB)

Have you tried multiple FLX3101 cards or just the one?

We have not. We just have the one there. Is the comcfg.txt contained on the ethernet card?

No. It’s on the base Flexy.

It seems most likely a bad FLX3101 card, but there is a small chance it could also be a bad base. Do you have another Flexy in which you can test the FLX3101?

I think most of the ones we have now are 205s, so we haven’t been using the FLX3101s; I’m sure we have one somewhere, though. Unfortunately, this site is across the country from me currently, so it would take a few days to actually test it out. Will just have to send them new equipment and hope for the best.

Thanks!

OK - I expect a new card will work. Let me know if there are any issues.

If you find the card is bad, and want to RMA it, please create a case at support.hms-networks.com.