Anybus Bolt and Data Recorder (Eurotherm 6100A)

I would like to use the Anybus Bolt as a wireless gateway to connect a system with a Eurotherm 6100A data recorder ( https://www.eurotherm.com/products/recorders/graphic/6100a-6180a ) to the customer SCADA system. I was told by my supplier for the data recorder that this should work, but would like to get more detailed feedback, before purchasing the components. Does anybody have experience with this kind of setup?

Hello @olekomio,

I am not familiar with that device but if you give a more detailed description of the connections should be able to help see if you would run into any issues. Will the Bolt be connecting directly to the data recorder then connecting to a wireless network?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,
Thank you very much for your fast response. The bolt will be connected to the RJ45 Ethernet port on the recorder. The recorder collects instrument and sensor values via analog inputs and the idea is to connect the recorder to a bolt to provide wireless connection the the customer SCADA system. The datasheet lists TCP/IP, FTP, BOOTP, SNTP, Modbus, ICMP and Ethernet I/P server as supported protocols and mentions that the recorder can be accessed via a LAN. Below is a link to the datasheet.

Thank you!

Hello @olekomio,

This should work great. With the bolt set up for mac clone mode it will seem as your device is directly connected to the network.

Deryck

Awesome, thank you!