Anybus gateway - Profibus to Modbus RTU

Hello,

I can’t get this to work properly. The subnet status light flashes green, then goes red. I have tried changing parameters in the drive to match but no luck. I can see it on my Profibus network, but can’t exchange any data. It was supposedly configured to run four drives from the factory, but I can’t run one.

Hello,

I believe I just spoke to you or your colleague over the phone please correct me if I am wrong.

It looks looked like the device could be working correctly based on the LEDs. We were not able to check the configuration with ACM since the upload kept failing. I was thinking that the configuration cable you are using could be bad since it kept have to reconnect. There is also a chance that the configuration it self is actually corrupt.

Let me know when you here back from OEM that the device came shipped with.

Regards,
Deryck

@robokd,

Were you able to get everything up and running?

Deryck

Thanks for the follow up! No unfortunately. They were logged on for quite a while with the same results you saw. I had to pull it and replace it with a Siemens drive that had profibus installed. Seems like the gateway just doesn’t want to talk on the profibus side, tried a few different gsd files just to see, and tried defining the io a few different ways in step7 with the same result.

This is unfortunate to hear. I would recommend seeing if they could swap the communicator out for you. With the connection errors we were seeing trying to program and log data it could be a damaged unit.

Deryck

Time was the problem. Customer is coming in today to see it run. Couldn’t wait for a replacement.