Anybus X gateway AB7650-F

Hi ,

I am new to Anybus gateway, I have the Anybus AB7650-F and I am currently trying to connect the anybus to transmit data via profinet IO from a siemens S7-400H system to a DCS system via MODBUS TCP.

I have installed the GSDML file via Step 7, I have also attached it to the profinet network, dragged in Input and output 128byte, which created few addresses. My question if I write from my PLC to these addresses, How do I translate them to MODBSU TCP address on the DCS receiving end?

If you have an example of what I want to achieve, I wonder if you could help with a step by step setup.

Thanks in anticipation

Jide Olukotun

Hello @JideOlukotun ,

The mapping from one interface to the other is done through a memory buffer and is already mapped to modbus registers. You will need to look at where you are writing to the device on the Profinet side then check the modbus register in that location. Take a look at chapter 5 of the Ethernet reference guide. Section 3.1 of the Profinet guide covers mapping on the Profinet IO interface to the buffer.

There are two addressing modes to use modbus addressing mode and Anybus addressing mode see sections 5.4 and 5.5 respectively.

If you have not already done so you will want to configure the IO size though Anybus Configuration Manager and set the desired addressing mode.

All files and documents for the devices can be found here: https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-specific/?orderCode=ab7650

Regards,
Deryck