Anybus X-Gateway AB7670-F cannot communicate with Distributed input devices

Have you downloaded the Molex EIP tool?

Can you do that and then connect to the I/O device and just do a simple ‘Get Attributes All’ and make sure it responds?

It’s done, status is “OK” and I received a response.

Please try this and take screenshot of results:

and just to clarify…

Are you trying to send data or receive data from the I/O device?

It can be confusing looking at input and output from the perspective of different devices and manufacturers do things differently sometimes.

I try to receive data from the IO devices. This is an input module only. I want to use it to receive proximity sensor signals into my PLC.

In that case I think your original config is correct, but have you tried it with setting the Config Connection Point to 0? Also, could try changing Point to Point to Multicast.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do. I tried almost all the different configuration without success… The MS LED is always flashing red.

What is strange is that when we send the command using the Molex EIP tool, we aren’t getting an error, and this is the same command the Anybus should be sending, but in that case we are getting the error. I think there is no way around doing a packet capture to troubleshoot this. We need to know what the error is.

Can you check with your IT department and see if they can give you access to a switch with a mirrored port so you can capture the traffic with Wireshark?

I will check for a switch with the port mirroring. I also communicate with Phoenix Contact and they asked me if I can find a switch to troubleshoot the communication too. We also verify if DIO devices is available to exchange with the DI devices. Unfortunately, we are running out of time in this project.

I wish there was more I could do, but since I don’ t have the physical device, I’m limited. Hopefully you can get that capture soon and we’ll be able to solve it.

Thank you for your help ! I will contact you when I will have a switch with port mirroring function. Possibly Wednesday, we called the switch this morning.

Topic closed due to inactivity.