AWB recovery

@bkraut
Hi Bill,

As discussed over the phone you will want to recover the device using the advanced recovery files in the SP 1 download. That can be found here: https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/wireless-bolt/?ordercode=AWB2000
Once downloaded follow the instructions in the recovery folder this will walk you though getting the bootloader flashed followed by the firmware. Once it is up and running you can upgrade to the latest Firmware version.

Deryck

A post was merged into an existing topic: No LAN Connection on Wireless Bolt

Hi Deryck,

I was unable to flash the bootloader. I am unable to get a LAN connection in order to connect. I followed the instructions that downloaded with the bootloader. I am unable to select my Ethernet adapter because it doesn’t detect an Ethernet cable plugged in.

When I get to this page it just stays there and never gives me the option to update.

Any ideas on what else I can try to get the LAN connection to work?

Thanks,

Bill Krautkramer

Hi Bkraut,

This step can be a bit tricky since the software needs to catch the AWB on the boot up cycle. In the options menu make sure the Network adapter you are using is selected and set the module identity to MAC address.
It does take some time for the module to be detected. If it is not detected after a minute try manually power cycling the device.

Deryck

Yes, that will be tricky because my computer won’t give me the option for the correct network adapter since it doesn’t think it is being used. I waited about 30 minutes yesterday with no luck. The instructions say not to reboot, if I do reboot, do I need to hold the reset button as it powers up?

Thanks,

Bill Krautkramer

Hi Deryck,

I tried to load flash the bootloader from the recovery mode but I was unsuccessful. I am not given the option to use the my Network Adapter for my local Ethernet because it doesn’t recognize that anything is plugged in. I tried restarting the module while it was trying to connect. I also tried restarting while holding the reset button but was also unsuccessful. Any other suggestions that I can try?

Thanks,

Bill Krautkramer

Hi Bill,

Just want to close the loop here. I just spoke to Darian who said they were swapping out the bolt so that this recovery should not be necessary at this point. If there is any thing else I can help out with here please let me know.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.