AWB3010-B connection issues

Hello

I have a installation with a client since 2018 with similar issues. PLC connected to a server using an AWB3010-B set up in L3 client configuration. When the connection is lost is takes a very long time to reconnect to the server.

The systems are mobile and there are multiple access points that the bridge can connect with. The PLC is CompactLogix L18ER. The messaging is via Ethernet/IP CIP

The problem was observed during the original commissioning in 2018 and was rare at that time, however it has recently become much worse and sometimes fails to reconnect without a restart.

Have you updated the firmware on the AWB3010?

Is it possible that there have been more wireless devices added since 2018 or something else causing more potential interference?

Are you able to do a wireless survey, check for interference, for obstacles blocking the signal, etc.?

It is possible to set up logging on the Bolts to gather more information about the problem. See:
How to enable Event Logging in Anybus Wireless Device?

The customer not have a dedicated wifi network for this project, so yes, it is very likely that the environment and devices have changed./ added.

I will get the latest firmware installed on one unit and it should be possible to get a data log

It will take a few days to organize, but I will get back to you with the results

Also, the best logs for troubleshooting would be the ones from the WiFi controller, so if there is a way to obtain those, it would be very valuable for getting to the bottom of the problem.