AWB5121

How do I setup and configure the AWB5121 Wireless router specially the “Routing Section” - static route and routing table. Do you guys have the manual or document?

Hello @arisulmi,

I don’t think we have specific instructions for adding routes. You can find our user guide on the support page on anybus.com.
https://www.anybus.com/technical-support/pages/cellular-router?orderCode=AWB5121

That is why I’m trying to reach out to Anybus Tech support because there is no information or instruction on how to configure the:

· Routing static

· and, Routing Table.

I was trying to add routes but it won’t allow me to add any IP addresses.

Best Regards,

Amador Risulmi

Unfortunately we don’t have more documentation on the gateway. Can you provide more details on the route you are trying to add and I can provide some guidance. Are you getting errors when adding a route? What is the error message?

What is the LAN and WAN subnets? What is the IP address you are adding? What interface is the route going out of?

Deryck

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Below is a sample of wireless architecture that I’m currently designing. I already installed the two Anybus Bolts (IP’s: 10.10.99.103 & 172.16.56.10) in two of the PLC machines. My challenge right now is to integrate and route those IP addresses to a SCADA Server.

Questions:

· How do I interface different IP address to the SCADA server?

· How many routers do I need?

· Do I need to connect them wired or wireless?

Kindly email me a solution using the Anybus Wireless.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

image003.png

Hi Amador,

Your questions fall outside the scope of support for the AWB devices and fall more under implementation and network design.

It looks like you have an issue with connecting multiple networks together to all communicate. To do this you might need a more complex network configuration with a gateway that manages access to the different network.

The bolts you have setup are in different subnetworks. They can connect with each other but since the sub-networks are different the devices will have networking issues reaching each other.

I would recommend reaching out to your distributor. They might be able to help or direct you to a partner that can help you setup your network.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

My question is: What is the function of the AWB5121 WLAN Router? Does the router can route devices having the same subnets? i.e. 192.168.10.XXX?

Thanks for your response.

Amador

If devices are on the same subnet, they do not need to be routed. A router routes traffic between different subnets. The AWB would simply act as a switch in this case so the two devices could communicate.

Hi,

Meaning, I can use the AWB5121 to route different subnets such as:

Subnet 1: 192.168.10.XXX

Subnet 2: 192.168.0.XXX

Subnet 3: 172.27.0.XXX

Subnet 4: 10.10.99.XXX

If I can use the AWB to route different subnets, kindly me instruction on how to configure the AWB5121. Thanks.

I look forward for your response.

Thanks.

Amador

Hello @arisulmi,

I am waiting to hear back from our application engineer regarding this. What it sounds like you are looking for is a Gateway, I am checking if we are able to configure the Router to handle this type of routing.

Deryck

Hello @arisulmi,

It does not look like the AWB5121 is the device you would need it can route from one network to another but not manage multiple subnetworks on the LAN. It is able to route from the LAN to the WAN.

The AWB5121 also has the ability to assign VLAN IDs on each LAN port but this is limited to routing traffic on the switch between ports. You can assign VLAN ID per LAN port, and define them as “untagged” or “tagged”. As an example, when an untagged frame enters a tagged port, it can automatically be tagged with a specific VLAN ID, and forwarded to other ports sharing the same VLAN ID. It can also drop frames arriving with incorrect VLAN ID for that port.

To handle multiple LAN subnets, you would need something like the Anybus L3 Switch, AWB5011. This does not have built in wireless and does not directly solve your issue with multiple Wireless LAN subnets.
https://www.anybus.com/products/wireless-products/wireless-infrastructure/detail/managed-l3-switch-for-industrial-applications?ordercode=AWB5011