Beginner with Ewon flexy205 with 4 Ethernet ports

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I want to mention that I am new to working with the Flexy router, so I appreciate your assistance and guidance.
I have a RUT240 router on one of my sites which is providing Wi-Fi internet connection for the panel PC on site, there are two ports on RUT240 one LAN and one WAN port.
I have followed EWON configuration video on HMS academy site and was expected to get the internet connected to my new Ewon flexy 205 ( it has four ethernet ports, 3-LAN ports and one WAN port).
I simply connected the WAN port to the LAN port of RUT240 but I can not get the internet connected.
shall I change setting in RUT240 ? or i am doing something wrong with the Ewon?
my purpose is to use Ewon for making remote access to the existing Allen-Bradley PLC (Micro850) later.
I don’t even know if I need to set/change any settings in RUT240, what I know is the RUT240 has sim card and is providing Wi-Fi for panel PC. ( I mean almost no special setting have been configured for the RUT240 )
Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

What kind of error do you get when running the Internet Wizard on the Flexy? This should point you in the right direction.

Are you using DHCP or a static IP address?

Do you know if RUT240 is configured for DHCP?

Can you get internet if you connect the same cable to a laptop PC?

If you are using a static IP address for the Flexy, keep in mind, you have to be in the correct subnet and the router IP has to be set as the default gateway. Also, there must be at least 1 good DNS server set.

Hi Kyle,
thanks for your time. I get this message “ewon flexy wan connection cannot establish” from ewon, I tried both DHCP and static IP address, but I need to check RUT240 configuration to find out about DHCP.
Regards

Also I could get internet for my laptop from RUT240 through the LAN port

I would recommend creating a case at support.hms-networks.com and sending them a backup of the Ewon with the support files. They should be able to spot the problem in the logs or settings.