Bolt Bluetooth / DHCP Lease Expiration?

I have a Wireless Bolt connected to my machine. I have two laptops connected via Bluetooth. Both got disconnected seemingly for no reason. When we reconnected I went to the Bolt web interface and saw there were lease expiration times for DHCP:

It seems to increment down by 10s. It appears to be in seconds, i.e. every 10 seconds if I refresh it’s down another 10 on the lease expiration. Does this mean that the DHCP lease is only 8-10 minutes? If so that seems way too short. Is there a way to increase that expiration time?

Hi Tom,

Sorry, after taking a look at the AT commands, it doesn’t seem like this is something that is possible to do

It’s weird, now that I look at it, sometimes the expiration is counting down, but when I go look at it a little later it’s back up around 4-600. Does it renew automatically before reaching 0 or something? I haven’t been kicked off again so far today

Hi Tom,

I believe that the DHCP server is setup so that it will check if the IP address is being used by a device every 10 minutes and then if it’s open it can get reassigned to something else. I’ll need to check on that one with the anybus guys though

Any word

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay I’m still waiting to hear back from some colleagues in sweden

Did you ever hear back?

Hey Tom,

Sorry for the delay, I think I lost track of this ticket earlier. Here’s what they sent me

the connection will not be broken, the tablet will ask to continue the lease and will get a reply to keep the address, this is normal procedure for DHCP servers, short lease times should not be a problem