Bolt Configured as a client

I have a eval kit, 1 bolt is a client, the other an AP. when my laptop is plugged directly into the bolt client, networking works.

When I plug the client into a switch, and the laptop into the same switch, networking does not work. however I can see the client bolt from the access point side of the network.

I updated firmware yesterday.

Are you using a static IP address? If so, you probably need to set the bolt as the default gateway, or disable your Wifi because the laptop doesn’t know which network to route the traffic to.

I am manually configured, with static ip addresses all the way around.

Thigs break when I put a switch between the laptop and the bolt client.

Wireless is turned off on the laptop.

Everything works as expected with the laptop directly connected to the bolt client.

But when I add a switch between the bolt client, and laptop is when things break.

This is a routing issue. In order to help you need to give us all the networking configuration from the bolts and laptop (IP address, subnet mask, default gateway). Screenshot of bolt network config. PLease send output of “ipconfig” and “route print” on laptop both when connected directly to the bolt and the switch. Is this an unmanaged switch? Alternatively, if you can provide us remote access via Teamviewer, we can take a look at it.

Attached are the items requested.

It’s not working because you are using Layer 3 routing, which does not forward ARP requests that are required when using a switch. Please use Layer 2 or follow the instructions for Ethernet Bridge:

So how does it get an ip address? Dhcp or scanning of the network when you use the Ethernet bridge instructions?

So if you set one to 10.0.0.1 / 24 it will automatically set the other to 10.0.0.2 / 24.