Bolt status information over AT commands when working as a client

Hello everyone,

One of our customers wants to use our Bolt (as a client) with a 3rd party (Cisco) access point. The customer is asking if we can provide the signal intensity of the connection between the Bolt and the AP through AT commands, and also a status bit indicating if the Bolt is connected to the AP.

Does the Bolt have that that type of information when used as a client?

Best regards**,**

Eduardo Giancristofaro

Sales Manager – Latin America

HMS Networks

Email: edg@hms.se

Mobile US: +1 (954) 995-4727

www.hms-networks.com

Hello Eduardo,

These are good questions, it looks like we can see the RSSI (signal strength) with the at command AT*WSRSS? and the link status with AT*WSLNK? . From the AT command manual see section 3.6.8 and 3.6.9 respectively for details on the commands.

You might also find the AT*WSSCAN (3.6.6) also useful to see other APs signal strength.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

Thank you. Honeslty, I have never used the AT functionality and I am not sure how to send those commands from the PLC. Do you have anything to help the customer with this?

Best regards**,**

Eduardo Giancristofaro

Sales Manager – Latin America

HMS Networks

Email: edg@hms.se

Mobile US: +1 (954) 995-4727

www.hms-networks.com

Hi Eduardo,

The AT messages can be sent though a raw tcp connection. I am not sure how this can be done though a PLC. I believe with Allen Bradly plc’s you could do this with message instructions. The BLE getting started guide uses AT commands though a tcp connection and can be used to get a tcp connection going from a PC since it used. https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/application-notes/hms-scm-1202-115.pdf?sfvrsn=f23e70d7_6

Deryck

I am currently doing this through telnet command. echo AT*WSRSS? | telnet 192.168.0.99:8080

Topic closed due to inactivity.