Boolean data query II Node addressing in Bytes?

If my modbus command is reading coil status which would be a boolean value, why is it stored in byte addresses?
For example:
Let say I am reading modbus register address : 20001, 20002 and 20003
The addresses it gets stored at : 0x0000 length 0x0001; 0x0001 length 0x0001; 0x0002 length 0x0001
If I check node monitor it reflects 3 bytes of data is used but they were single bits, not bytes, If I am using profibus gsd file to read this data from fieldbus interface, I am limited to read them as bytes limiting to 244 bytes which could have been 1952 bits of data. I am confused here, can you help

The Anybus you are using reads the entire byte when doing a coil read which is why you are seeing that reflected in the node monitor. What is the article number of the device?

But what does it have to do with specific anybus device, software provided with the device is not model specific and whenever I am trying to configure it for getting boolean bit data, it shows node monitor occupying byte space. This is even without the device been connected to the system for putting the configuration file, its while making the file before downloading it

Topic closed due to inactivity.