CAN demultiplexing in VCI Mode?

Hi, I am after some advice on the configuration of our CAN@net NT 200/420 device in order to use all four channels for classic CAN. We are only using a single device.

The current operation mode of the device is a PC interface (VCI). According to the configurator manual in order for bus 3 and 4 to read classic CAN messages, demultiplexing is required which is possible in bridge mode.

I am no expert in CAN and my understanding of the CAN@netNT deivce is quite basic. I would like to know if it would be possible to configure all four channels to read classic CAN messages while still running in VCI interface mode? This is preferable for us at it wouldn’t need much re-configuring of our system. If not possible, would we have to run the device in bridge mode?

Hi @ShahirRSR

I’ll need to check in with my colleagues in Sweden to see if this is something that’s possible, but I’ll try and get back to you soon.

Thanks,
-Tim

1. I am after some advice on the configuration of our CAN@net NT 200/420 device
    in order to use all four channels for classic CAN.
    We are only using a single device.

The CAN@net NT 200 has two classic CAN controllers.
    The CAN@net NT 420 has two classic CAN and two CAN-FD controllers.
    The CAN-FD controllers are backward compatible with the classic CAN protocol.

2. I would like to know
    if it would be possible to configure all four channels to read classic CAN messages
    while still running in VCI interface mode?
    This is preferable for us at it wouldn’t need much re-configuring of our system.

Yes, if the CAN@net NT 200/420 is configured for the VCI mode, then
    your VCI application (or canAnalyser V3 mini)
    can initialize all four CAN controller for classic CAN.

3. The current operation mode of the device is a PC interface (VCI).

In the VCI mode, the PC application can initialize the CAN-FD controllers (3 and 4)
    for the classic CAN mode.

4. According to the configurator manual
    in order for bus 3 and 4 to read classic CAN messages,
    demultiplexing is required which is possible in bridge mode.

The demultiplexing functionality in the „bridge mode“ is possible
    (but not required).

Best regards
Andreas

Topic closed due to inactivity.