Can EtherNet/IP to Serial/DF1 (HMS-EN2SE-R) use Anybus Configuration Manager

Hi ,

I will like to configure the HMS-EN2SE-R.
Beside use the configuration manager which is merge with the studio 5000,
Can Anybus Configuration Manager use to configure it?
If it cannot be done, is there anything like Anybus Configuration Manager software which can be downloaded?
Or is there other way to configure it without using the one at studio 5000?

Thank you,
Alvin

All the Linking Devices require you to use Studio 5000 and the Configuration Manager software built in.

If you would prefer to use Anybus Configuration Manager you can use a communicator. The AB7072 would be the equivalent to the EN2SE.

Best Regards,
Deryck

Hi ,
Noted.
Thank You for reply.

Alvin

Hi I am using the same configuration I believe. Do I have to use serial to program the anybus? or can I do it over ethernet with configurator, I would rather not use studio 5000 because the project is done with a micrologix? and I don’t currently have access to studio 5000.

Hello @Jason,

For the HMS-en2se-r it requires using the AOP in studio 5000 for setup. The sister product to the hms-en2se-r would be the ab7072 and it does not require studio 5000.

Deryck

Thank you Deryck, since I am using a Micrologix which is configured in rslogix 500. Is it still possible for this PLC to use message instructions to read from it, even though its conigured with studio 5000?

The Linking device requires Studio 5000.

You could use message instructions to the AB7072. Here is an application note covering this. https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/application-notes/hms-sci-1204-006.pdf?sfvrsn=b5d3aad6_4

So it does not just require studio 5000 to program the anybus, but it also requires the plc to be programmed via studio5000 as well? I already have this unit installed onsite is there no way to use my micrologix with it?

Correct the AB7072 is setup using Anybus configuration manager. Chapter 10 of the user guide covers the basics of the software with following chapter going into details of each part.

Deryck