Can not get online using SIM card in 4G NA expansion card

I have a Flexy 205 with a 4G NA expansion card with a SIM card installed. I have setup the modem using ebuddy and the status shows that the expansion card is recognized and so is the SIM card since it shows a carriers connection BUT when looking for the Flexy on eCatcher it shows offline and “No action” where “Connect” button should be.

The SIM card I’m using is from Emnify and it roams between carrier (3 or 4 strong ones in this Toronto area). I have entered the APN for the SIM Card correctly. The event log shows “stdios-device TCP connect failed socket” and “esock-Get default gateway failed”.

I’ve been trying to figure this out for the last week with my supplier and he thinks that the way the the SIM card is roaming between carriers causes the Flexy to disconnect and reconnect to a another carrier. I don’t think that’s the issue since I’ve tried it when the SIM was connected to one carrier for 5 minutes.

My ultimate goal is to connect the AnyBus Bridge II to provide a WiFi hotspot. I configured the bridge no problem when I has the Flexy connected to the internet by Ethernet cable but when I disconnect the cable from the Flexy and try to use the 4G connection, it doesn’t work.

Really need to figure this out ASAP since I need this to work for a trade show we’re exhibiting at on Wednesday April 18. HELP!

@mobismart

The errors " “stdios-device TCP connect failed socket” and “esock-Get default gateway failed” just mean the device is unable to reach the internet with the Cellular connection.

If the device is offline in eCatcher then it’s because it’s unable to build an openVPN tunnel to our servers most likely due to a lack of a valid WAN connection.

Are you able to pass the internet wizard (2 green checkmarks) with the ‘test online address’ checkbox enabled? If so, are you then able to pass the Talk2M wizard? Is the device going offline and online consistently?

It’s possible that the device is dropping due to roaming on the SIM card but if the device is not going online at all then I’d ensure you have good signal strength and are using the proper access point name (APN) for your SIM card.

Hi Joe

Tanks for your response — my Flexy is now working with the 4G card since I created a VPN for the modem setting by entering my activation key. I created a VPN for the ethernet setting as well — didn’t realize I had t create a VPN for both. Roaming between carriers doesn’t kick me off so that doesn’t seem to be an issue at the moment.

Now I’m having trouble getting a WiFi signal through the Anybus bridge.

When I have the bridge connected to the internet at my desk and the system is in Access Point mode, the portal shows that that both the WAN and LAN are both connected. I am able to login to the WiFi thru the Anybus on my laptop. I then unplugged the Anybus ethernet cable from my office internet, power cycled the bridge and then plugged the ethernet cable into the WAN port of the Flexy205 with the 4G card. My laptop still sees the SSID from the bridge but doesn’t connect.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

Irene

@mobismart

I’m glad you got it working! You don’t have to run through the Talk2M wizard a second time when selecting a new WAN connection so it’s possible you never ran through the Talk2M wizard or you were experiencing some issues with authentication on your VPN certs which can be related to the time in the eWON device not authenticating with the Talk2M VPN certs.

I’m not sure I fully follow the configuration you are using. Are you not able to connect to the SSID when connected or are you not able to connect to the wired side of the device? Maybe a diagram showing the two set up would help in this case.

Deryck

I can see the SSDI but it will not allow my phone or other wifi device to connnect.

I’m now working on the Anybus bridge connected to the Flexx

A post was split to a new topic: Wireless Bridge with Flexy Configuration

Moved latest post to its own topic as the question has drifted away from SIM card issues with a 4G Extension Card in a Flexy.

Ok do you have a solution to my answer?

@mobismart

I believe you said you solved the 4G connectivity issue by re-running the Talk2M wizard above so I marked this topic as solved.

A support engineer should be replying to your new topic shortly.