Cannot connect to cellular network

@anonmqdzlnik

• Has a 4005CD, replaced SIM with ATT SIM and cannot re-connect
  • Factory reset device, logs show it connecting to tower but tower doesn’t let it connect to internet
  • Called and talked to Ken @enablingelements, SIM is active, seems to be a problem with tower operator or carrier
  • Andy is going to try using the device in another location (another tower)

Kyle,

I tried the eWON at home and still am unable to connect. Please let me know next steps like sending the device in for repair or modem upgrade.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

We could test the device, but I’m not sure if we’d be able to repair or upgrade it. Let me do some research first on the modem. Can you give me the serial number of the device?

Thanks,

Kyle

SN 1520-0016-56

So it looks like that serial could apply to either model 46207 or 4620A. Can you verify which one it is?

eWON4005CD™/GPRS-EDGE (GPRS-EDGEmodem) - - - - - - - EW46207
eWON4005CD™/HSUPA (HSUPA Tri-bandmodem) - - - - - - - - - EW4620A
eWON4005CD™/UMTS/HSUPA (HSUPA Penta-band modem) - EW4620B

EW4620A

Hi Andy,

I’m fairly certain the problem is that the carriers are no longer supporting the same bands as that modem. It looks like they only share the 850 and 1900 MHz band with the modem to begin with. I can try to find out what the cell tower supports if you can give me an approx location.

You could ship us the device and we could test it, but I don’t think there is any way we’d be able to upgrade it. You would most likely have to use an external 4G modem to use this on cellular in the future. We have run into this issue in certain areas of the country that have repurposed their 3G spectrum, so that is most likely what’s going on here unfortunately.

Kyle

Kyle,

Can you give me more detail on what an external modem would take to interface?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

You just need something like this, for example:

You can also get them from the wireless carriers, but make sure it has an ethernet port and not just WiFi. You would connect it to the Flexy just like any other ethernet network.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.