Cannot upload my project to X-gateway

Please send me the GSD file and manual.

Here we go

cp_3425.pdf (944.6 KB)
siem80d6.gsd (8.5 KB)

So it looks like you have Digital Input and Output, and Analog Input and Output, and you have Consistency choices (I don’t know anything about that, you will have to ask Siemens about that). But all you have to do is drag and drop the modules that you want to equal the data size you want.

240 bytes = 3*64 + 32 + 16

First time I download my project, thank you, all lights green

The point is, there is no communication to my LAN what is K-Chief os 500 because, if you take a look at the image, there is PROFIBUS SIEMENS Anybus, I perceive it, as SIEMENS talks to Anybus. In my case PROFIBUS CP342-5 DGU (K-Chief os 500 module), CP342-5 talks to DGU.

I’m not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by LAN? You have the Profibus Master to Modbus RTU slave, right? So there is no ethernet port.

Your Modbus Master will have to poll the Anybus using the commands and registers found on page 10 in the Modbus Network Guide.

I find gsd explanation

To setup a device in controller, it is important to know properties of a device.

When you integrate GSD files in controller, controller gets the device parameters and characteristics. It enables you to configure devices as per requirement.

in my case PROFIBUS knows of CP342-5 but it has no idea of DGU.

SIMATIC S7-300 → CP342-5 V5.7 → [PROFIBUS Master-ModBus - RTU Slave] → DGU

I try to clarify myself.

Your Modbus Master will have to poll the Anybus using the commands and registers found on page 10 in the Modbus Network Guide.

I would understand this if I trigger that commands and watch the registers.

Hi @Spec,

I’m still a little unclear as to what you are asking.

That’s correct. You must understand that the Anybus gateway is not a transparent gateway. It exchanges data between the Modbus network and the Profibus network using a shared memory space. There are 2 separate network adapters in the Anybus and a shared memory area. On the Profibus Network, the Anybus is the master, so it will control the communication on the Profibus Network and store data in the gateway. That data can be accessed on the Modbus network by sending Modbus commands to the Anybus’ Modbus slave adapter. You must have a Modbus Master on the Modbus network in order for this to work. Is the DGU a Modbus RTU Master?

it is controversy, is not it?

You must have a Modbus Master on the Modbus network in order for this to work. Is the DGU a Modbus RTU Master?

I have a circuit drawing of the problem but it does not say anything who is who. I just can infer it by what is written on black box made by Anybus.

Do you know some of Kongsberg guys? I send them a message, yesterday, and there is no reply.

I did not tell you, thank you for the conversation. So thank you.

No, I’m not familiar with who that is.

Here is what I see in the drawing:

The AB7808 is the device we’ve been talking about. It’s a Profibus Master to Modbus RTU slave.

It looks like there is also an Anybus Communicator in the drawing. This would be either Profibus slave to Serial/Modbus master, or Profibus slave to CAN Master.

What is the next step after getting the communication working between the AB7808 and the Profibus network? Do you have to setup the Modbus RTU network now?

I took the drawing, as an example of my thoughts, from some manuals of yours.
profibus

I wait for reply from Kongsberg guys.

OK, sounds good. Let me know what they say.