CANopen LabVIEW

Hello,

I am planning to control an inverter via CANopen and LabVIEW. For that application I am looking for an USB-to-CAN- Adapter. The Ixxat USB-to-CAN V2 might be an option here.
To make a final decision wether the adapter might be suitable I wanted to preview the LabVIEW driver for that device. However I have installed the VCI v4 driver but I am not able to find anything LabVIEW related in the installation Files.

Maybe someone can help me.

Thank you in advance and greetings

Marcus

VCIV4_LabVIEW_DLLs3.zip (142.5 KB)

IXXAT_Labview_examples.zip (299.6 KB)

Thank you for the fast reply Kyle,

I am able to open the example VIs you gave me. But they are looking for some referenced VIs that are not available. I assume they should be installed by the VCI v4 driver into the LabVIEW directory.
Am i right about that?

Yes, they should automatically be installed when you install the VCI driver. What version of Labview do you have installed?

It’s LabVIEW 2019 32bit and also 64bit

Yes, please install the VCI V4 driver.

Did execute the .exe and checked all the Options. After the Installation finished it is still not working. However I could not see an Option labelled with “LabVIEW” or something like that

The CAN library seems to be missing

grafik

Yes, I’m sorry, it looks like the installation is missing some drivers. Please run the following:

vcilvsetup4.0.63.0.exe (3.4 MB)

Thank you, now I can open the examples without any errors.

To use the USB-To-CAN-Adapter for CANopen with LabVIEW I now need the CANopen Master API or implement it on my own, is that correct?

Yes, if you want to create or emulate a master, that’s correct.

Ok, I think that is all I need to know for now.

Thank you very much for your help Kyle :+1:

1 Like