CanOpen Slave to Modbus RTU

Hello! I’m trying to read/write data using the Anybus Gateway between an CANopen master and simulating the Modbus RTU Slave with the Modsim App, i’ve made all of the configuration of the subnetwork but it still not communicating. The Modsim app shows that the Message have an invalid CRC as shown in the attached image. I attached my modbus configuration in the ACM as well

status_modbus

Hello @PedroMorselli,

Can you please provide the configuration you are using and a log from ACM?

Deryck

I added a new node with address = 5

I Added the “Read Holding Registers” command

Query Configuration:

• Starting Address = 0x0001

• Quantity of Registers = 0x0001

• Checksum = all standard

Response Configuration:

• Byte Count = 0x02

• Register Value - > Data length = 0x0001

• Checksum = all standard

The log is attached, the data to be read must be 0x05, as the image attached showslog.txt (4.8 KB)

It looks like the check sum is being calculated correctly.

Online Checksum Calculator - SCADACore

Do your serial settings between your PC/modsim and the communicator match?

Deryck

yes, the parameters are all equal, i’ll send the 2 configurations

conf_serial

Are you sure your PC is using an RS485 connection? This is not very common.

Cam you save and share the actual .cfg configuration file from ACM. There could be an issue with your configuration. The log does not match your previous explanation.

Deryck

I’m using a Converter RS485 -> USB, so i’m pretty sure that the connection are ok, the .cfg are attached

Test_Modsim.cfg (16.0 KB)

Something does’t add up here your log and configuration doesn’t match. Download to the communicator again and make sure it is correct. Once the TX messages in the log matches the query this should be working. If not you could still have a serial settings issue. Since you are on a PC you could also try logging the serial messages there and comparing it to the log.

Deryck

Hello @PedroMorselli,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms, i’ve forgotten to warn you, sorry. Probably the problem was at the physical connection with te PC. I tried to communicate with a normal device and it worked perfectly, thanks for the support

Great! Glad to hear it is working.

Deryck