Can't see ViewOn Projects

Hello,

I had a computer issue that forced me to reinstall everything. The ViewOn files were backed up. Upon reinstalling ViewOn and copying the other ViewOn files back into the proper path (C:\Users\Username\Documents\viewON Projects) I am only able to see the demo projects, and none of the other ones that I have created when opening from the ViewOn software.

Is there some directory that needs updating? I went ahead and copied all the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\viewON\workspace as well, but that didn’t help.

Hey Nick,

You have to save the ViewON project file and upload it to the device (using ViewON).

Kyle

Kyle,

I can’t even open the project files in ViewOn, which is my issue. My question is directed towards the computer and ViewOn software only, not the eWON.

The project files are in the correct directory, but the ViewOn software does not even show them as an option when I go to Project -> Open Project. Hopefully this is making sense?

Did you make sure the folder, the .gv file, and Project name in the .project file all match?

Kyle,

Yes all three match. These are all perfectly fine and working projects too. Just copied in.

What happens if you create a new project on this computer? Does that show up the next time you try to open it? If so, try doing that and then copying your other projects files into that directory.

If I create a new project, it does show up the next time I try to open it up. It is saving this new project to the exact same location that all my other projects are in.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ViewOn, that didn’t work either. I’m running the latest version 4.1

Please share the Project so I can try to open it on another computer.

Kyle,

Attached is one of the projects. Please remove from the public post. I really don’t think there’s an issue with the projects themselves, since they were opening and working just fine before the ViewOn reinstall.

So I created a new project “test123” and then moved your files into it’s directory, deleting test123.gv and renaming your project’s .gv file test123.gv. When I reopened the project, your project was there. Of course I don’t know if anything is missing because I didn’t see it before, but give that a try.

Kyle,

Thanks for your help on this. I found out that my issue was all of the “.project” files somehow changed to XML files, thus the directory that ViewOn uses to find the files was messed up. I went ahead and changed all the XML files back to .project and everything works!

1 Like