CHECKSUM ERROR MODBUS ASCII

HI EVERYONE

I AM WORKING WITH THE HMS-EN2SE-R GATEWAY, AND I HAVE A PROBLEM, THE CHECKSUM IN THE RESPONSE IS WRONG, SO I DONT HAVE DATA IN THE MEMORY.

IN THE QUERY I WRITE MANUALLY THE CHECKSUM, AND I HAVE COMMUNICATION WITH THE SLAVE

log.txt (7.9 KB)

IF I WRITE MANUALLY THE CHECKSUM IN THE RESPONSE, I HAVE DATA IN THE MEMORY, BUT I NEED AUTOMATIC CALCULATION OF THE CHECKSUM IN THE RESPONSE BECAUSE THE DATA RECEIVED CHANGE ALL THE TIME.

MODBUS ASCII.cfg (16.0 KB)

I HOPE YOUR HELP

BEST REGARDS

What is the checksum calculation are you using? I see that the devices is get RX and TX so i don’t see any particular issues with Comms.

Why are you manually setting the check sum?

HELLO KEVIN

FOR THIS QUERY THE CHECKSUM IS 0X18 (3138 IN ASCII), BUT I TRIED WITH AUTOMATIC CHECKSUM WITHOUT GETTING SUCCESS, THE AUTOMATIC CHECKSUM ENTER A VALUE OF 3733 IN ASCII AND DONT HAVE COMMUNICATION WITH THE SLAVE.

THE CHECKSUM CONFIGURATION IS:

WHAT IS THE CORRECT CONFIGURATION FOR THE CHECKSUM?

THANKS

Hello,

Generally the checksum is handled automatically with the command/transaction. If you are entering an ASCII value the translation is going to be different.

You will need to enter as hex value at the end of the command. Our devices do not support ASCII Checksum

Ok, so the communication ascii is won´t the feasible option for this case.
I have the option to use the communication DF1, but the equipments with i want the communication aren´t rockwell nevertheless these have this communication (DF1).
But the HMS-EN2SE-R is limited the configuration with only PLC-5, SLC500, MicroLogix.
My red architecture is a 1-PLC 5069 and 3- Quantums (2 are Q3 and 1 is Q6) these have in common the comunication modbus ascii & DF1 , I need to do the communication between this equipments for query and response.
You can help me with the best option?

I would try the DF1 connection with the PLC’s and ignore the Checksum.

Do you know what kind of checksum calculation you need for the machines? The table below is the supported checksum calculations that are used by our unit:

You can set the reponse data into the the Generic data, where the checksum value can be ignore.

Has there been any update to this issue?

No updated from customer