Connecting Hydrocal M3 meters to Anybus M-Bus - Modbus TCP Gateway

Hi,

I have an issue with connecting a Siemens S7-1200 PLC and an Anybus Mbus-Tcp gateway, and Hydrocal M3 from BMeters.

We already connected some meters from the 23 we have in the building, but we still have miss some of them, and coudn’t find them, i mean scan for them.

The network is separated and has 6-6-6-5 meters connected to them, and wired into four gateways each by each.

The connection between the PLC and the anybus gateway with Modbus TCP is excellent, we couldnt find any issue there.

When first we connected the network, there was no results shown after we pressed the scan button, but we tried to plug the meters to the reader one by one, and after several tries we succeded, and now we have GATEWAY 1 connected with 6 meters, and GATEWAY 2 also with 6 meters. GATEWAY 3 has 2 meters, and GATEWAY 4 also has 2 meters, but we couldnt find the rest.

What i firstly suggested is that these meters are broken somehow, but the manufacturer says that it works properly.

Now we got back the meters and installed them back again, and we are on the project right now, and trying to find a solution.

I tried to delete all of the meters from GATEWAY 3 and GATEWAY 4. I got a meter which was never discovered by the gateway, and i connected it to GATEWAY 3. I pressed the scan button, and after a short wait nothing special happened, the list was empty. I tried to connect to each of the mbus communication ports on the device. Then i connected the meter face to face, i mean only 2 or 3 meters of cable separated the gateway and the meter and nothing else, and tried again. The same happened again and the list was empty. Then i tried again with GATEWAY 4, with the same result. So i tried to reboot the device and change some configuration settings, but coudnt scan for this meter. I tried with two other with the same result. I also changed polarity. So i disconnected a meter which was recognised by GATEWAY 1 and bringed it to GATEWAY 3 and 4 and connect to it. They coudnt scan for it either. So i decided to add the meter witt its serial number, because im using secondary addressing. Even if i add the meters it doesnt matter at the end result, i only got those red excamation marks. So i bringed back the meter to GATEWAY 1 which already have 5 other meters connected to it, and they are in 5 different places in the building, and voila the gateway has the connection again and could read the meter again.

So im guessing that the scanning process has our problem, i mean somehow it seems very difficult to have the meters recognised by the gateway but after it has them in the list, it can read out data easily and also can transfer it to the PLC.

As i mentioned above, i think the gateways work perfectly, because we already had all the gateways connected to meters. I think the only issue is that it coudnt scan for the meters all the time, and in all circumstances. Sometimes it can scan for even two connected meters, sometimes for only one, and sometimes cant find them even in alone, with two single wire connecting the gateway and the meter.

Are there anybody who created the same network with the same products? Who really into these Hydrocal M3 meters from BMETERS?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hello @monya22222,

I apologize but I am having a very hard time understanding the issue. Exactly what Anybus gateway are you using? When you refer to GATEWAY 1,2,3,4 are you referring to Anybus devices? I can not think of any scan feature in our Modbus gateway.

I would recommend you reach out to your local support team though support tool at anybus.com/support.

Deryck

Thanks Deryck!

I already contacted with them, and they know about the issue and were very kind to help me out. We still search for the solution, but i hope the settings they told me to change will help.

Hello @monya22222,

Glad to hear you are receiving support, have a great weekend!

Deryck

1 Like