Connection lost from a Flexy 205

Hello,

I have a client that lost communication with his Flexy 205. He sent me an image showing the tag he use to know when the connection is lost. In the section IP Adress, he received a message Erreur_Tap… I can’t see all the message.
I contacted the Sales rep from Montreal and he recommend me to ask for the back up and support files to analyze the information.

I attached to this message the message received and the back up.

Thank you!

Shema_Reseau_Biobisuits.pdf (147.0 KB)

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (196.5 KB)

Hi Luis,

I was wondering if you can give us access to this account that the device is on? It looks like the backup is in French and I was wondering if I could look at it in English temporarily. One thing I’d say he could try is going to the IO Server > General Settings > and hit disable tags in error.

It also looks like he’s trying to talk to the devices on the WAN side, normally communication is done through the LAN side of the device but this can be done by changing some settings

Hello Tim,

What information do you need to connect to the Flexy 205? I will ask my client to give us access to their Ewon.
But first I will like he tries what you suggest.

Thank you Tim for the help!

Luis M.

As long as the Flexy is online,

I’ll just need his eCatcher login info ie:
Account:
Username:
Password:

I’ll make the information private so that it can only be seen by hms internal members

Hello Tim,

Here is the information from the client:

If you can tell us when you will connect to his Ewon that will excellent.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Hi Luis,

I’m free right now if that works

Sure Tim, you can proceed.

Thank you!

Hey Luis,

Are any of the other tags being read also from AB Control Logix (SLOT 2)?

Hi Tim,

Only one tag. He copy this tag from his network it seems.

Regards,

Which of these is the one that he is having trouble talking with?

I was going to ask if we could try changing the IP address of the other PLC to be in the same subnet as the working ones if possible

Hi Tim,

Seems to be 192.168.151.101 because is the one connected to the SLOT 2.

Regards,

Hi Tim,

As I was informed, client don’t want to change IP Adress.
However, if it’s the only solution I will inform the client.
So what you recommend is that both PLC need to be under the same IP address?

Regards,

Hi Luis,

This method should work, but it might be possible to keep the IP address and still get the data from it. I’m going to look into this after lunch and see what I can find for you

-Tim

Hi Luis,

I’m having some trouble trying to get the other PLC to talk. Can you try having him change his plc so that it’s in the range of 192.168.77.xxx and see if it’s able to go through without error?

Hi Tim,

Client don’t want to change IP adresses.
He also told me that when he connects from the Flexy WAN connection to his laptop, he is able to ping with the PLC (SLOT 2).

Regards,

Can you try changing the gateway for the PLC to the LAN of the eWON

Hello Tim,

Client is having problems with his PLC. He will back to us as soon is fixed.

Regards,

Hey Luis,

Just wanted to see if this issue was resolved before I close this ticket

-Tim

Hello Tim,

I think we can close this case. Client never came back to me. If he still have questions. I will send him to the hms.how. It will be much easier for him and you to stablish contact instead of going by me.

Thank you for the help!