Cosy 131 no communication and flashing lights

Hello,

We received a Ewon Cosy 131 from a client.
Client described the problem as follow : The power light comes on, but all the other status lights flash randomly. (No error codes that match the troubleshooting in the manual)
The fixed LAN port status lights work but none of the others.
It is not recognized in the eBuddy service tool.
I tried a Level 2 factory Reset but it wouldn’t accept either.

After reading this, I tried myself and had the following results:
1- Level 2 factory failed auto test was not successful. After 35 secons, USR LED was solid but also KEY, DI2 T2M & @. After releasing reset button, all lights went off except the PWR.

2- LED (USR, KEY, DI2, T2M & @) are all solid all 25 seconds and they still solid for 3 seconds. This repeat and repeat. This pattern was before and after failed factory reset. Also, LAN LED turns OFF when the other LEDs are solid.

3- No communication with eCatcher or eBuddy. No way to see or modified the IP adress.

4-I connected the Cosy 131 to a D-LINK 10/100 switch. Result was not a permanent communication. LED on the switch was tilting between ON an OFF everytime LEDs were solid ((USR, KEY, DI2, T2M & @) as described in point 2.

Do you know what can I do next to see if I can solve the problem?

Thank you!

Hi Luis,

I believe the device is bricked and you can RMA with your distributor (device looks like it is under warranty). You can start the RMA here: http://rma.hms.how
You will also need to return to the distributor please.

Thank you,
Kyle

Hello Kyle,

S/N: 1806-0218-22
P/N: EC61330_00MA/S
MAC: 00:03:27:06:79:E9

Thank you,