Cosy 131 Sim Card Tray Replacement

I have lost the Sim Card adapter for the Cosy 131. Where can I get a new one?

Hello,

We do not offer replacement simcard trays but they are through online part suppliers. Here it is on digikey. https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex,-llc/0912360001/WM6590-ND/1643492&?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu_jYBRD8ARIsAC3EGCIPyeSGPiCnEIX9EmAvG573RbuDse2KbInfEhsOeJndb2grlQLweRYaAgl7EALw_wcB

I recommend making sure you have a cellular model, the WiFi Cosy and the cellular versions look very similar. Both devices come with with the simcard slot but the WiFi version does not have a simcard tray.

I was told that it has the sim card slot, I looked and it has a spot for a card to go into I found the link thank you for your help!

So this doesn’t fit, since it don’t does that mean we only have the one that a SD card fits into? The adapter is still to small!

What does not fit? Tray I linked to is the same part that we ship with the device. Are you inserting it into the SD slot on the front of the device? The simcard slot is on the back of the unit. Please see page 8 of the installation guide.

To confirm what type of device you have, can you provide the part number on the right side of the device?

Deryck

Yep, got with the maintenance to determine what was going on, after looking at the picture I notified them that it goes in the back! Thank you for your help we are back up and running on 3G!

1 Like

Glad to hear it has been sorted out!

Hello Deryck/HMS Technical Support,

Digikey lists the Molex SIM card tray you linked to (Molex 912360001) as Non-stock/Obsolete. Can you please provide the updated replacement part number?

Cheers,
Zach

@us_sales Do you guys know of another part number that can be used to order a replacement sim tray?

Hi Deryck,

Thanks for assisting with this. Any word on a replacement part that is available for purchase?

Cheers,
Zach

Hi @bluefieldseeding,

I haven’t received any feedback regarding this but you should be able to find the same molex part though other distributors.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Unfortunately no. I suspect because Molex doesn’t make the part any longer. (It’s listed on the Molex site as “obsolete”.)

Could you ask your engineering team what part they are using now?

Cheers,
Zach

Hi Zach,

It looks like we are seeing the same issue with our stock. Right now we have inventory of the molex slot/tray but we will be switching to a new one in the future. My understanding is that it will be an entirely new slot and tray.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Not good for us in this situation, but I understand that eWON/HMS can’t control when Molex decides to discontinue parts.

I appreciate your help and follow-up Deryck.

Cheers,
Zach