Cosy 131 w/ micro 850

1. is the cosy 131 capable of operating with the micro 850 controller?

If so, what is the configuration process? I have been unsuccessful at getting “Linx” to see the controller. All the information i have seen is related to the “flexy”. I tried to setup nat 1:1 then realized that i NEED to have the ewon be setup as “DHCP”. I feel like what i am attempting to accomplish cannot be done. please advise. thank you!

Yes, the Cosy 131 should work fine with a Micro 850 controller. For remote access to LAN devices, the Cosy and Flexy work very similarly. The Flexy just has additional capabilities for data logging and scripting.

When connected to the Cosy, are you able to ping the PLC’s IP address? The controller will need to be connected to the Cosy’s LAN with an IP in the same subnet. If you can’t ping it, please take a look at this troubleshooting guide: Unabled to Connect to LAN Device

If you can ping it but the device still isn’t appearing in RSLinx, you may need to enable broadcast forwarding. This forwards the broadcasts RSLinx uses to identify the device through your VPN connection to the Ewon so that the controller can be identified. You can read about how to enable it here: PLC Discovery through Talk2M