Cosy digital output

I’m wondering if you can help with connecting the digital output on the Cosy.

I have a PLC near the Cosy, and it takes +24 VDC inputs (the input is on when the applied voltage is +24 VDC).

The output on the Cosy appears to need 24VDC on the O+ and O- terminals, and the middle O terminal seems to be what should go to my PLC input. We have only one power supply, so everything has the same 24 VDC common (or negative).

Trouble is that it just doesn’t work. Accourding to the manual, the output should come on when the Cosy is connected. Well, it doesn’t output 24VDC when this is true.

I would appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

@Bill_Davies

The ewon uses an N-channel MOSFET with the drain is syncing power and would be the negative side of your circuit. If this is done in reverse you could see the light work the opposite from what you expect since you would be pulling power thought he MOSFET.

I found this web page which provides a good explanation on how the MOSFET is being used in the Flexy. The first example shows a diagram that should be similar to how the MOSFET is being connected internally to the flexy. In the image Vdd = O+, Vout = O, 0v = O-

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is a quick wiring diagram:

Clear as mud. A dry contact would have made a lot more sense.

So… Can I assume that if I used the “quick wiring diagram” and replaced the LED with a 24 VDC relay, that this would give me the ability to do what I want?

Sincerely,

@Bill_Davies

Yes, that is correct.

I’m sorry to come back to this, but I have been unable to get the output to work at all.

I am attempting to connect the output to operate a 24 VDC relay. I have a 24 VDC power supply (that is also supplying power to the Cosy 131.

Based on a drawing in the 131 installation manual, I am currently wired as follows:

Topic closed due to inactivity.

Having the same issue, any other solutions to this problem?

hello Teby,

How do you have the Digital Output wired. Have you reviewed the Digital Input & Output sections of the Installation guide?