Cosy WAN configuration (routing)

Hi,

I need your help about an issue to communicate to the WAN side of a cosy from a network through different gateway.
We are using a Cosy as follow:

Everything is working properly on “Branch 2” side.
The second computer “PC 2” is able to ping the Cosy itself through its WAN IP address (static one) and also to ping the PLC on LAN side of the Cosy (thanks to NAT).

But it is not possible to communicate with Cosy (and so with the PLC) from the computer on “Branch 1”.
No answer to ping request.
The 2 computers are able to communicate between them so it seems that everything is also properly configured inside all intermediary routers.

Is there any parameter inside the Cosy which could have an impact on ping request from another network gateway ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Is PC 2 on the WAN side of the Cosy?

You mention NAT. Do you mean you have given the PLC an address on the WAN network using NAT 1:1?

Hi Zach,

Yes, both PC are on the WAN side of the Cosy but PC 2 is on the same subnet and PC 1 on another subnet.
PLC is on LAN side and is available on WAN side using NAT 1:1.

Alright, since you can reach the PLC using PC2 on the WAN side of the Cosy then it is mapped correctly. We are only passing the IP address when doing NAT 1:1 and cannot be routed by MAC address.

This looks like an issue with however your trying to route the mapped WAN IP address tot eh new branch.

It was also my first idea but as the 2 computers are able to ping each other, it’s difficult to justify.

Is there any debug interface or advanced logs inside Cosy on which I can see all ping requests receivie by the Cosy ?

There is a setting in the COM cfg (under System > Storage), called WANItfProt. If that is set to 1 then you will not get a response from pings. If you change ti to 3, save, then reboot the Cosy you should be able to ping.