Create a Var list for ewon flexy 201

Hello everyone,

I have been working with Ewon for a long time, and I have a question. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

I want to generate a varlist from Ewon based on a CSV file that contains the following information:

• TAGName
  • serverAddress
  • ServerName
  • type of data (0:bool;1:float, etc.)
  • whether or not it is an alarm
  • logic of the alarm when activated

I want to know which template or format I need to use for my TXT or CSV file so that it can be imported directly into my Ewon.

I have a template that contains all of the headers of a varlist exported from Ewon, but I want to know which columns are the most important.

Thank you.

Hello,

When creating a new var list, all columns should be included.

You can view your current var list by visiting the file transfer tab in your ewon and selecting either the var_list.txt or var_list.csv. these are both treated as the same file regardless of file extension.

What I suggest would be to write a script to modify your var list to automate the process. It is best not to manually edit the values, as there are a lot and the formatting needs to be precise for the Ewon to accept the new var list.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, Now I’m using this var_list format with ’ " ’ for each string element in the var list and there are some decimal columns also, If I don’t respect this the var list will be corrupted. also, I want to know if there are other products like the flexy 201 that have the option to import the var_list without passing by FTP or something like FileZilla.

No, the only way to update the tag list on Flexys (other than in the web interface) is by importing a var_lst file by FTP. There are some alternatives to FileZilla, like an Excel macro available on the Ewon TechForum or going to ftp://your.ewon.ip.here in Windows Explorer, but they’re still using FTP for the transfer.

There is also a var_lst generator available that pulls from PLC registers files, the Flexy Tag Generator, but again you’ll need to use FTP for the final transfer.