Data mapping between ABB IRC5 and Siemens S7-1215 using Anybus Devicenet scanner , profinet IO Slave

i am new in programming PLC , any guide how to use mapped i/o for data transfer between plc and abb robotic arm.
i have added the Gateway in Siemens TIA Portal and define I/O of 20 bytes for Gateway.
but i don’t know what to do next for data communication. How to use these mapped i/o’s.

Hello,

When you set up the DeviceNet scanlist and set up polled data memory addresses are assigned to the data bytes. These data bytes will have the same offset on the PROFINET IO side. So byte 1 on the DeviceNet side will be byte 1 on the PROFINET side and so on.

It is hard to be more specific than this, as that is in the scope of utilizing data within your PLC program.

Best regards,
Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I have added gateway in TIA PORTAL of siemens plc and define i/o for that.

Default 20 bytes size and starts from I 68 for input and Q 68 for output.

In gateway the Devicenet side is 512 bytes and profinet side is 20 bytes starts from 0000.

How to related these different addresses with each other in plc program for communicating with abb robot using gateway i/o address.

Hello,

You will want to look at these offsets in Nettool.

These bytes are in the same order they will be on the PROFINET side. So in your case, if your input data starts at I68, then the bytes will start at I68 until I88 I believe (because you have 20 bytes set). You must keep in mind the data types being used, as bytes words and longs will reduce the amount of tags. However this is in the scope of PLC programming so I cannot be specific.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nick

mighty thanks for the guide.
sir just last point if you please help me. this is the general configuration of gateway, for specific configuration of address and bytes as in anybus netTool for device net is needed. here in this scenario of profinet io slave to Devicenet scanner master,does we need to configure dnet scanner side with netTool and profinet io side with which software? as i have seen a video which shows allocated addresses are also configured to be accessed from plc side.

Hello,

The only other software that is used to configure this device other than Nettool is the Anybus Configuration manager X-gateway. This software really just lets you define the data sizes you will be using.

https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/hms-scm-1204-132.zip?sfvrsn=8726aad6_24

Best regards,
Nick

how to set up new i/o to devicenet robot abb in robotstudio thank you