Delay time from 0 to 3 sec on a AB7000-C

Hello,

I sell the anybus AB7000-C communicator, i have a customer who uses a Siemers PLC CPU-315-2 DP as master and has a invertek drive as slave node.

The profibus side is ok, this is programmed as a slave with a 4 word input and 4 word output.

Before I start the drive I read the input from the gateway then I finish the program and then output goes as 1 block to the gateway.

When testing, i can start the drive and by making bit 0 true or false, only before the drive responds there is a time delay between 0 and 3 sec. this is also when changing speed when the engine is on.
I must position with the drive, but I can never position accurately enough when I have such wide ranges of reaction times.

If I interrupt the signal on the first input on the drive, the drive slows down and stops immediately.

Could you give any support on resolving this with some checks the customer can do?

To give some more info i included the configuration file and the

AB7000-C 4 drives.cfg (16.0 KB)

AB7000-C 4 drives.cfx (5.9 KB)

Greetings

You should take a serial log while this is happening to see if you can capture any delays or Modbus errors. When you’re online with the Communicator, go to Tools > Start Logging. You can either let it run until full or stop the logging, then save it as a text file.

There shouldn’t be any significant delay coming from the data transfer between Profibus and serial networks. To test the Profibus network side, you would need a device like the Profitrace.

I will ask if the client can make a logging.
He is using the standard configuration file for 4 drives (AB7000-C 4 drives), but he is only using one drive. He changed the configuration to only one drive but this seemed not to be working at all. I will place his .cfg and .cfx file for 1 drive here, could you check if there is a faulty setting.

Greetings

Anybus 1 drive.cfg (16.0 KB)
Anybus 1 drive.cfx (1.6 KB)

I don’t see anything wrong with the configuration file. He will need to take a serial log to diagnose if there is a problem on the serial network.