Different IP segments devices behind the eWON Cosy

Hello

If PLC/devices has the IP address with 192.168.1.xx/24, 192.168.2.xx/24, and 192.168.3.xx/24, they come from three different IP segments. I would like to know how I can set at eWON Cosy “Ethernet LAN Connection” to allow me to remote connect them all via one Cosy router. Could I set 192.168.0.1 as the LAN IP but the subnet as 255.255.0.0. Thanks! Great day!

Yes, this would work. However, keep in mind that if you connect from a remote network with eCatcher and that network starts with 192.168.x.x, you are going to have an IP conflict. 192.168.0.x/24 and 192.168.1.x are very common for home (and some office) networks, so I don’t recommend using them for machine networks.

Thanks Kyle,
Yes it is a good call. Lots of machines actually they are using 192.168.1.xx. or 0.xx and once the eWON build up the VPN connection, then they potentially have IP conflicts with the remote engineering office IP devices. Thanks a lot, I will make a note. Appreciate for the support!

Also, keep in mind that this is not going to work if the traffic is routed between these devices and the Ewon. The Ewon will need to be directly connected to the devices or connected through a layer 2 switch.

You may also need to change the default gateway in the PLC/device to be the Ewon’s LAN address. So depending on how your network is set up, this may not be the best solution to the problem.