Ebuddy is not detecting Flexy 205 via LAN

Issue - Ebuddy didn’t detect the EWON Flexy 205 so can’t work further

I have the IIoT Starter Kit, I plugged the power supply and it is connected as per instruction provided in instructional manual.
Port 1 which is LAN, I connected it to the laptop port via ethernet cable. I connected other internet ethernet cable (External) to Port 4 which is WAN. Laptop is connected to the internet via WIFI.

Laptop IP address - Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections- WIFI
IP address - 192.168.1.91
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

LAN connected Ethernet cable from EWON flexy to laptop IP address -
IP address - 169.254.114.165
Subnet Mask - 255.255.0.0

Then I changed above EWON IP to the new, which as follows
IP address - 192.168.1.121
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

After changing IP address, I opened the Ebuddy software but I didnt detect the Flexy 205.
I want the solution over this that How to connect/ detect the EWON Flexy 205 on Ebuddy.
Without changing the IP address , I switched on the Ebuddy but unfortunately it didnt detect any EWON.

What are the status LEDs showing on the Ewon? If you configured it to connect to a WAN that’s on 192.168.1.X and also changed the LAN IP to 192.168.1.X, that would be a conflict between the LAN and WAN subnets, which would prevent it from coming online. Are you able to connect to the Ewon by disconnecting the WAN cable, so the only device connected to it is the laptop to one of its LAN ports?

1 Like

Hello,
i am facing a similar issue with Ebuddy: the ewon does not show up on ebuddy but i can reach it it i tap the ip address on chrome (the differences with respect to your setup are that i do not have the overlapping subnet and i am using a EWON 131 cosy)

Does this happen to you too?

LED are showing Green. I just removed the internet ethernet cable from WAN. LAN ethernet from EWON flexy 205 is only one cable now connected to the laptop. It detected the EWON flexy 205 now in the Ebuddy automatically. It doesn’t require any IP address changing process.
Thanks for the technical support.

Hi Serena,

Can you make sure eBuddy is fully updated? You can download it here: Ewon Software Download | Ewon Technical Support

Is your Ewon accessible through eCatcher? If so, can you try connecting using eCatcher and then seeing if it appears in eBuddy?