EC310 and Netbiter Ultrasonic Tank Sensor

Seems really simple, but all I’m getting in Argos with my EC310 and ultrasonic tank sensor is “Communication with sensor broken”. The wiring our install tech did looks correct to me, here is a picture:

and the device looks powered up too.

Any ideas of what to look for next?

Hi @woodisland

Was this device communicating previously or is this an initial setup?

Hi @Tim_hms, this is the initial setup.

Could you let me know what the system ID for this device is? They usually start with a 0030

0030112B2EB8

Hello @woodisland ,

Tim asked me to take a look at this issue. It looks like the Tank sensor is fully configured. It looks like the modbus is talking to it but the tank parameters have not be set on the device.
You will want to navigate to presentation > browse devices > expand the sensor > expand tank setup. Once this is setup you should start seeing the tank level.
Installation guide: https://www.netbiter.com/docs/default-source/netbiter-english/manuals/installation-guide-ultrasonic-tank-sensor-(1).pdf?sfvrsn=fdc4c2d6_22
User manual: https://www.netbiter.com/docs/default-source/netbiter-english/manuals/user-manual-ultrasonic-tank-sensor-(2).pdf?sfvrsn=f2c4c2d6_20

Thank you - that did the trick.

Hi Deryck,

I still have “Communication with sensor broken” alarm msg even if I tried to setup tank parameters. after I set up the parameters the space still turn Orange…

Can you share a screen shot of this? Is this an alarm you set up? Do you just not have modbus coms to the sensor?

Thanks a lot.

It seems the ultrasound tank sensor unable to communicate with the EC350. I got 4 of them and all have the same alarm as shown in the attached picture.
These sensors where working fine up to until I updated EC350 firmware which crashes around 66%. I had to factory reset it and connect then after I am unable to connect it to the tank sensor.

If you are updating the firmware from a 1.xx firmware to a 2.xx firmware you may need to update to an intermediary version 2.01.05 before the latest version.

Have you synchronized your configuration again? If the update failed it may have cleared some settings requiring you to sync again. If necessary you may need to change a setting get get the sync button to show up again.

Can you check though Browse Devices to see if you are able to read any data from the device?

No luck…I did update to intermediary I still got the communication broken alarm and non is displayed on browse device…

I tested all the tank sensors and all have the same alarm…

I reviewed you account and wonder if anything else has changes in your setup.
Where you are seeing timeout errors but still polling other devices the Tank sensor may be disconnected or the serial settings no longer match the tank sensors configuration. You can see the error counters under configuration > status for the device.

I did all possible configuration but still I am not getting the tank sensor back to the system and I even checked the cable which is working fine…
I think the Tank sensor might has gone defective but power LED is lit…(Tx & Rx are OFF)

Is there anyway we could check the sensor itself?