eCatcher - Internal server error

I cannot connect to eCatcher through my everyday laptop. No problems up to today and no known changes to any configurations. I receive the message “Internal server error.” when logging into my account. Attached is the zip file with the support logs, etc.

systemLogs-20201119T173425.zip (172.5 KB)

I have a second laptop, same network, that has no issue connecting.

QUICK UPDATE: On the offending laptop I opened eCatcher and successfully logged into a different Talk2M account, so the problem seems related to one of my Talk2M accounts. Again, I can log into the account via eCatcher on a different laptop so something on the offending laptop seems to be “cached” and not letting the logon proceeed.

What is the account name that is experiencing this issue?

I will check the systems on my end.

The account name is Powerhouse. Again, I can successfully log into the account from one laptop but not the other.

Here is an excerpt from the error log on the offending laptop where the connection seems to break down:

2020-11-20T09:38:00,638 INFO - Detected settings : Protocols [UDP,TCP,NAP] No proxy
2020-11-20 09:38:04,245 INFO - There is0retry left to send XmlRpc method: Session.startAndGetInfoWithSecondStep
2020-11-20 09:38:06,693 ERROR - Unable to retry to send XmlRpc method: Session.startAndGetInfoWithSecondStep
2020-11-20T09:38:06,750 ERROR - Exeption Handled :Internal server error.

Any update?

I have to escalate this issue. Your account itself, looks fine. However, Those logs shows some issues that need to be further defined.

It could be a firewall or antivirus issue.

“It could be a firewall or antivirus issue”

That doesn’t make sense because from this laptop I can log into one account (Case Engineering) but not another (Powerhouse). If it were a firewall or antivirus issue on this laptop I would expect it to affect the ability to log into either account.

On another laptop I can log into both accounts. Both laptops are on the same network accessing the internet.

So, the issue is with one account (Powerhouse) on this one laptop. And this laptop has applications the other laptop does not, apps which critically need a successful connection through eCatcher to access remote devices.

QUICK UPDATE: I tried a different network connection that does not use my wifi adapter and I was able to connect to the Powerhouse account. I also tried using my wifi adapter through my phone’s hotspot and was not able to connect to the Powerhouse account.

Conclusion, the problem is I cannot connect to the Powerhouse account using the wifi adapter on this laptop, but I can connect to the Case Engineering account.

I have updated the wifi adapter driver.

CURRENT STATUS:
Laptop #1

• Cannot log onto Powerhouse account through wifi adapter using any wifi network
  • Can log onto Case Engineering account through wifi adapter using any wifi network
  • Can log onto Powerhouse account through alternate ethernet adapter

Laptop #2

• Can log onto Powerhouse account through wifi adapter
  • Can log onto Case Engineering account through wifi adapter

Any update on this? Again, the issue is with one laptop only when I try to connect to one particular account and only when using the wifi on this laptop.

More information that might be helpful:

Talk2MConnectionCheckerFullLog.txt (344.5 KB) Talk2MConnectionCheckerLog.txt (66.3 KB)

Another update…I restored a disk image of my C: drive from three weeks ago, at least a week before this issue started happening. The restored disk image did nothing to correct the issue.

This is after restoring the disk image:

Talk2MConnectionCheckerLog.txt (203.0 KB)

I have tried changing my password, to no avail.

I have also proved I can logon to my account via https://m2web.talk2m.com/

The only issue is I cannot log onto this one account using this one laptop via the wifi adapter.

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have escalated the issues. I am waiting to hear back from my team

This troubleshooting thread had been continued on a separate HMS website but I wanted to return to provide an update an a possible resolution.

To recap, on this laptop I was unable to access a particular eCatcher account whilst connected to the internet via the wifi adapter on this laptop. It mattered not which wifi network to which the laptop was connected. Also, I could connect to the account from other laptops via a wifi internet connection, and I could connected to other eCatcher accounts on this laptop via the wifi adapter connection, Finally, I could connect to the particular eCatcher on this laptop via alternate internet connections, i.e. hard wired LAN or ethernet-via-USB.

In short, the resolution seems to have been fixing my everyday domain user account, which has administrator privileges on this laptop. It seems it had become corrupt, with regards to eCatcher, I suppose, and following the steps below i was able to resolve the issue.

I logged onto my everyday account which is a domain user belonging to the Administrators group. See Screenshot 1, below.

I switched the setting to Administrators (see Screenshot 2) and rebooted the laptop.

After rebooting I was able to connect to the Powerhouse account without issue. I checked the domain user account status and it showed the account to be in the Administrators group, as before and depicted in Screenshot 1. However, something must have changed when I made the account type “switch”.

PS Another step I took previously was to log onto this laptop via the local administrator account and I was able to connect to the particular eCatcher account whilst connected to the internet via the wifi adapter. That is what directed me to the issue being based on the account privileges somehow having been affected.

Thank you for the update on this issue.