Email to Verizon Text message

For quite a few years I have had my eWon’s set up to send a email to a cell phone number as a text message. I have always had the email address set up as Nine Digit Phone #@vtext.com. For some reason, all of my systems are not sending the message anymore. I can send an email from Outlook and it goes right through. Was there a change at the eWon email server to reject these?

The change was Verizon. I would recommend contacting them as we haven’t been able to get a clear answer from them.

Why is it that I can send an email from my PC via Outlook and it works? I need a little better explanation then “It’s Verizon”. I have customers depending on this system and they are looking for an answer.

Is Verizon blocking the
noreply@relay.talk2m.com addresses?

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Verizon seems to allow a certain number of messages and then stops letting them go through. Some have reported different results in different geographical areas as well. I would recommend contacting Verizon Wireless to find out what the policy is for your specific account.

After some discussions and frustrations with Verizon I found a solution to my problem.

I have always set up the (Email “From” Username) in the SMTP setup as the Name of my
project@usemco.com. I changed it to the Name of my
project@talk2M.com and now the email to test messages work for the Verizon phones.

We will see how long this works.

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

OK good. They were probably blocking you for potential spoofing. Please let us know if it keeps working or not. We’ve had such inconsistent results, it’s hard to keep track of what’s going on with Verizon and that service. Thanks.