Error trying to install ecatcher on windows xp

when installing ecatcher (6.7.10) on windows xp i get an error message that reads:

service ‘talk2mvpnservice’ failed to start. verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services

the install then fails. this happens if i have usb over ip selected or not. i have full admin rights on the computer. i’ve disabled the firewall and enabled routing and remote access in computer manager\services and still doesn’t work. there was no tap adapter in network adapters so i downloaded and installed the only one i could find but it has the yellow ! next to it and update driver says it’s the latest one. many people online say to just install openvpn and that includes the tap adapter, but this wouldn’t install on xp. still getting the same error message. any ideas please?

back ground info - i’m trying to set up a flexy 205 for the first time and link to an allen bradley plc. i managed to set up and connect to the flexy using a windows 7 computer but now im trying to connect the plc. all the allen bradley software is on the xp computer so i’m trying to install the flexy software on the xp computer as the manual says they need to be on the same machine. on the windows 7 computer i’ve added the ip address of the plc to active connections in ecatcher and this recognises the plc type and opens an allen bradley web interface when clicked. through the flexy web interface i’ve worked through the steps to add a tag but don’t see any change when i toggle the bit in the plc. seems like i’m getting close but not sure what’s needed to get ecatcher installed on the xp computer or the last bit of the flexy-plc connection working

any help much appreciated

Windows XP is so far out of support from Windows (over 8 years!) that we just can’t support it anymore with our software. You can use an older version of eCatcher, but that won’t even work after October. You can download it here: