Ethernet/IP passing through VPN

Hi

I have just configured (my first) Flexy205 and I have successfully established a connection, can ping devices and manually configure but the tunnel seems to block Ethernet/IP traffic so some of my RS software (Linx Enterprise/RSLinx AB-ETHIP) topics won’t work.

Is there a simple fix?

Cheers

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

this thread might help:

Thanks Tim

No, definitively right addresses. It appears as though the Flexy does not allow broadcast messages to pass through. RSLinx ETH-IP and FactoryTalk Enterprise rely upon these for device discovery.

With RSLinx I have been able to configure the IP addresses in a standard ETH driver. With FT Enterprise (particularly ME transfer) I found I can actually set up a Panelview as a device in FTView Studio Communications Setup and this passes through to ME Transfer.

Is there a way to permit these broadcasts to pass through, particularly since the Flexy LAN port is on the network i.e. not routed? It would make life much easier and less of a trap for other players.

FWIW we also use a 22 bit subnet mask since our IO and HMI LANs sit on adjacent subnets.

Cheers

Bruce

Can you try this doc and see if it helps?